I have had M60v3's for almost 4 years now. They have been loved, admired and revered, and not just by myself. Other attenuated ears (long-time musician friends) felt the same. I always thought the only signif. diff. would be at the bottom. Recently, having been the other part of lampshade's post, I had 60's and 80's (also v3's) at the same time in my listening room. I was surprised that they were even more transparent than my 60's---across the entire spectrum!

That's why I'm trading up to the 100's. Oh, no, it's not because I truly expect that they will, if even slightly, surpass the performance of the 80's. It's because now I can have the model up from Chris (lampshade). Who says this isn't all, penis politics?! I'm willing to admit it! My best-friend-tool-acquisition competitor passed on, so now I have had to find alternative avenues. Had I known Mark...

(For those who do not know better, I'm kidding. For those who DO know better, you're all crap to me and I hate you.)

Equally interesting:

Chris called later that day and asked if I had plugged my 60's back in yet. I had, immediately after the 80's were gone.
"Well, what did you think when you listened to them?"

"Oddly, I wasn't disappointed at all. It was like they were never here."

I'm glad I'm making a dbl jump to the 100's, because that WILL be noticeable, everywhere.

If I were choosing again between the 60's and 80's, I'd choose the 80's. I have 7.1 ep500, QS8, 150, in wood, ycb's, like great speakers should be clad. Nuthin' says "audiophile" like plastic, I always say. I also never aspired to grow up, buy a house, and cover it with plastic, either, and I haven't. I listen to music many hours per week. Can't say that for bluray. It was fun at first, but there's way more stuff I'm eager to hear than to watch.

Now I know I was always a 2 channel guy (I could have, but didn't fall for Quad, thank gaud.) The 100's are my big return to that, if I don't die from mesh prolapse waiting for them.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.