Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
The engineers who wrote the rules obviously never observed me watch a movie in my HT room. I normally start sitting in the 'sweet spot' on my couch then perhaps move over some, sometimes lay down on 1 end of my couch then maybe flip over to the other end, wake up & sit in the center again, ha! This behavior kinda screws up the ideal theoretical sound field both front & rear so it is often lost on me.

Due to the odd shape of my room behind my listening area, my QS8 placement is absolutely horrid & so far from ideal that an engineer would give up in disgust. Since I have no choice, I have to live with this situation.

Having said all of that, the unique dispersion characteristics of the QS series makes this condition easy to live with in the real world. After Audyessy has set the proper levels & Xover (90 to 100 Hz), the overall effect is very enjoyable - perhaps not accurate but enjoyable nonetheless.

TAM

So are you telling us that you can't place your QS8's 2'-3' Feet above your listening position because you live with hobbits and have a really low ceiling?

Honestly your arguing that because you stand on your head while watching movies that somehow
Dolby, DTS & THX Standards aren't working well for you....hmmm perhaps we should start with the basics such as Posture. lol

This discussion has just turned to the retarded because theirs always an excuse to be made and Strawman Argument to be had. However this is a discussion towards using the QS8's as Surrounds. And as such we discuss Placement, if you can't do it then just accept that what your then doing is changing the accuracy of the content and your sound will suffer accordingly. However I highly doubt that anyone can't raise their Surrounds to a proper height which is typically in the 5'-6' feet above the floor or (2'-3' above your ears). Just how small is your room? j/k

But for fun why don't we try and have a Serious Discussion instead of trying to argue for arguments sake. If your viewing environments are that bad to begin with and your trying to build a nice Home Theater System then perhaps you should spend some money on a proper room first instead of buying speakers. Because you listen to your Room just as much as you listen to your Speakers. Audyessy and the like, can't fix your room....just put a band-aid on it.

Last edited by AlaskanAVGuy; 04/06/14 08:46 PM.

The Teacher is in: Trust but Verify