FYI for those of you here that know me, I just received a "less than friendly" PM from this guy. I say in my 2nd response that I welcome debate as we can hopefully all share some learning and understanding, but some people resort to calling people (me) a troll for disagreeing with them because of how they are going about things, send me insulting PMs telling me that I am ignorant and that I am wasting people's time with talk about subwoofer placement and so forth. How did we get to this point?

Whatever.

I use QS8s for my rear surround (as mentioned in my first few responses in this thread) and really like it.

Every post has mentioned surround speaker placement for a "7.1" setup as was the original question, and I just bring up some analogy and the example that the diagrams from the people that "created all of the 'facts'" aren't all accurate and have a level of variance, but what do I know... I am just ignorant.

Moving on until someone is willing to have conversation and can debate without insults. Then again, I have no "FACTS" so I am sure that it is a waste of their time to "feed a troll."

Farewell - June 4, 2020