I cannot believe Kevin and I forgot The Whom!!!!!!

For him I KNOW it's Tommy and for me, for sure, Sellout.

I have every Who record!!! How'd I do that? Thanks for pointing that out.

Kevin and I did that over an entire weekend at my house "doon nuthin.'" There was a LOT of discussion. (He'll croak when I tell him we forgot Pete and Co.!) We left Boston out, because we're from here and we know that they were never real until they had a record out. None of us in working bands had ever heard of them at the time. But, yes, indeed, everyone in the world had the first and second one (7 years later; 10 more for the 3rd).

Rush just wasn't all that here for most of us. I know of no one who doesn't respect them, but I also have no friends here who own one. I tell you, it's that g.d. clarinet!

And, yes, it was very much an "if you buy only one record by______,then..." A lot of these are not my faves by these artists, just the ones that we thought would tell the listener the most important things about their part(s) in the bigger picture.

I do not like The Ramones, or a ton of others here. That's why I wanted to do it with Kevin. Someone who knows us both could look at that list and tell if the choice was mutual or, if not, exactly whose inclusion it was. Kevin would not have included 10cc. They were just never on his radar. You know how that is. I loved Kansas. AOR Ambien for him.

We also left out tons of mega, word-wide hit albums by the likes of Al Stewart, Christopher Cross, Men at Work and hosts of others. Yes, for the same reasons you are thinking right now.

We could have, should have included Blue Cheer, "Vincibus Eruptum," if only because we all fell for it (i.e. bought it) and it is STILL out there, on 180g and remastered, even.

You should hear it, all the way through, once in your life. No 3-piece had ever used 3,500 watts worth of amps before, AND they were from SF, so we were all sold right away. What they do to "Parchment Farm" should have included jail time. Poor Mose Allison! He wasn't even dead then!

So, it really is a melding of two peoples' tastes, but with, like, a 70% crossover rate (common ground).

And you're correct. Choosing the artists was often way easier than just one album by them. (I would have conceded "Sellout" for Kevin's "Tommy" choice.)

Thanks to all for your "Notices of Omission." Was hoping to see some passion! Pissah!

Cam: lol!!

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.