Originally Posted By: huskydave
I didn't want to start stuff to put it mildly but make people aware that not only are their bad or biased reviews out there but that at least one store tried to screw me. I was smart enough to test the speakers on my own and come up with a real world conclusion. This changed my thinking a lot, I used to take other peoples opinion of a lot of products in store and on forums but now I know better. I think people really need to do their own testing. The guy at that store had no idea I would spend 3000 dollars on an amp plus wiring etc... he just thought he found another sucker.

It is important to note in recent years A/V retailers are paying a considerable price for this kind of mentality. In my area alone, just in the past few years three out of the six mid-high end retailers have gone out of business and the other three have gone to reduced hours OR by an "appointment only" deal. Whether they want to admit it or not, the online companies are killing them and rightly so. For the most part, their sales staff stinks and are generally very poorly trained and that has never really changed resulting in their gradual demise.

One rule of thumb I have always had with any retailer is if the sales person start criticizing stuff they don't sell you just turn around and leave.