As a IT, Sys Admin, Net admin, Security admin, wireless admin and whatever admin I've been over the years.....

I HATE APPLE.

Biggest overhyped POS products on the planet. I can not tell you how many issues we have with these things where I work from staff, faculty, students etc (University). It's been like this for years. iPads, iPhones, MACbooks..all of it. Thankfully I think people are finally catching on....hence the term CrApple that gets tossed around by the kids.

The Surface tablet has gotten REALLY popular with everyone here now and we can't keep up with the demand. It has completely replaced my laptops. I have had a Surface Pro 1 , and now a Surface Pro 3. Best machines I've had in years and I've had almost every brand of laptop and tablet you can think of over the last 25yrs. Do NOT even consider the RT version of the surface tablet though. Junk.

That being said, while they do have display port out/hdmi out, the screen isn't big enough for your needs at just over 10" but keep in mind, with a tablet you do not need such a big screen as you hold it closer, and it has a nice high resolution.

Dell Business laptops (not home line), or Lenovo would be my suggestion.

But don't buy an apple...just don't.

2xAA
M80/VP150/VP160/QS8
4xM3/M22OW/M2OW/VP150OW/4xM3IC/4xM3OW
EP500/800/HSU VTF3/SVS PB2k/SB2k/SB-12