Originally Posted By: Hansang
Originally Posted By: fredk
Originally Posted By: oakvillematt
... Say FRINGE MARKET.

Yup. Bluray is nothing more than a fringe/niche market. Most people don't even have a screen big enough (or sit close enough) for bluray to make a difference let alone UHD.

Heck, with my 50" RP I could barely tell the difference between upscaled DVD and Bluray and I was closer to my screen than most are for something that size.

Fredk, it's possible that your RP is the limiting factor.

When I got the 4K 50" TV, the difference between HD and 4K was palpable. There are many YouTube videos in 4K and it's simply jaw dropping. When you look at animals with fur/feather or human hair, or blades of grass, it's immediately apparent that 4K makes a *huge* difference. To me, it's the same as going from SD to HD. So it's like anything else. If you never fly business class, economy is fine. If you never drive a Ferrari/Porsche 911 GT3, _insert-car-here_ will be just fine.

I'm not being facetious here. Once you experience something better, (better home, better AC, better car, better sound, better glasses, better vacuum) it's hard to go back. smile

hsb

Huge difference from up scaled DVDs to blu Ray on my front projector (106" maybe the reason at 12'-18' viewing distance)
Not just me either,everyone I have demoed for over the years has also agreed

Biggest difference is DETAILS
Some early blu Ray conversions were no better( or not much better) than their DVDs release.....

denon 991 /M80's /vp150 & 180 /4x QS8's
Velodyne 15"/ Dbox 12"
ps4 benq w1070 -grand view 106" FF