Awesome great thanks
$30 is better than spend an extra $2000 I may not need and also on room/addition costs.

I guess also, one has to think where does this stop. I just got the M80v3 a year ago, well actually a couple years ago lol wow.
I know listening in music in my current living room if the bottom end was just a little more thump to it. Also, just seems that the sound starts to distort. I know in Version 4 they say the bottom end is a bit more smoother and doesn't compress and easily. Crossover change, tweeter and the HP drivers.
but, I wonder really can I heard the difference in the upper end. I believe the tweeter is better at like 10k .... I'm not sure I can hear 10k sound lol.
This mids is where I find the sound starts to break down.

I wonder, it is better now that I have a Anthem AVM30 whereas last month I had a HK AVR340 as the pre/pro.
I wonder, also if I were to have a MRX510 or the new AVM60 and run ARC ( similar to Audessey ) to eq if it would help that.

I know room treatments will also help a lot.

Maybe I am looking way into this too much. The Anthem line when you run ARC it allows multiple settings. I could have say for music 2.2 and just dial down the subs just enough to give me that extra thump I want. Then when for movies just run it at the volume level ARC says.
I'm getting the subs anyways, maybe in the end the sound difference between the v4 and v3 will be moot.
I could put that extra money into sound treatments, and the better pre/pro Anthems D2v or newer model at the time.

That said with Atmos or DLPIIZ I may need to buy another couple of MCA30. But, then again, @$1500 x 2 plus and extra $1000 for ceiling speakers is it really going to be worth it.
I think not, I think the most I want is probably front heights. But, then again here we go $650 for two QS8's and I would require a MCA20 @ $1000 used. Are front Heights worth $2000 ????

It was easier 6 months ago, I was going to buy a used Porsche for my 55th lol then decided I'd get my theatre

Last edited by TroyD; 05/28/15 01:47 PM.

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4