Originally Posted By TroyD

So, I am left with the M80's I bought them for a reason ...value being the biggest reason, but also they sound awesome for the level I watch movies at. G4anted they sound awesome for music too. I just want that little extra punch in the bass.

As for subs, I am either going with the huge SVS Ultra or either Paradigm Studios ( I think they discontinued that line though ) or the JL Audio Fathom F112. I found a site that sells overstock electronics and these are listed there.

One reason you might be missing the "punch" in the bass is if you currently have a subwoofer that isn't large enough to pressurize entire space that your room is open to. With the trend of having newer houses where the living rooms have vaulted ceilings and are open to many other rooms in the house it is possible to have enormous spaces to pressurize. We can only get bass that you can feel (if the source is calling for it), if the subwoofer(s) can pressurize the entire volume that your room is open to. How large is the volume of space including the room and any other rooms that are open to?

One other possible reason for the missing "punch" in the bass might be that as the volume gets further and further from 85dB (reference volume) our ability to hear bass gets worse and worse. Most people likely find it too loud to listen to their systems at 85 dB. I would guess that many likely listen at 60 or 65 dB. Audyssey Dynamic EQ is built into some receivers and can fix this issue.