Hi all
Serenity :
Yes, I went the bookshelf Sub before. I had M&K MKII and I really, really think they are awesome for movies. Detail, clarity, imaging etc.
However, I really like my music subless. I like listening to concerts or just music at a above avg level. Not, meaning 90% volume.
I had this discussion for a long time with members on this forum .... cannot remember all but, Sirquack, MarkJ I think even Nick chimed in on the bookshelf vs Floor.

If I had two separate rooms, I would absolutely go bookshelf for movie and 2ch Floorstanding for music.

That said, I think I finally got my head around sirquack and Marks philosophy. With that the floorstanding M80 cut off at 80hz ....I'm just using them as above avg bookshelf speakers and when I play music, well my receiver is setup that it will play 2ch full range. when I select Blu-Ray for movie's it is setup to go 7.2 and cutoff on the front at 80hz.

Now, here's my issue with 2ch music is, I find the M80's just at a certain level start to work really hard. I guess this is the compression part .....Specially as I read and think I have this right. Axiom has two Woofers, two Mids and two tweeters, yet only a two way crossover. So basically, If I have this right it is at 160hz and 2.3hz.
That means 2.3k hz is going to the tweeters and everything in between 2.29k and 160 hz is going to the mid range, then everything below 160hz goes to the woofers.
Now with upper bass being around the 300hz, it's like at a higher volume the mids are working really hard and I think this is where most of that distortion seems to come from. Then. also the woofers are also at that point.

So, I was looking at the M100 as Andrew suggested, however a speaker for movies sticking out 3 ft into my room just doesn't cut it when the screen is three feet behind and the centre channel is also.

So, I am left with the M80's I bought them for a reason ...value being the biggest reason, but also they sound awesome for the level I watch movies at. G4anted they sound awesome for music too. I just want that little extra punch in the bass.

SO, that's why I was wondering if getting a DSP for the M80 and VP180 would help as the link to that page says and if it would improve the sound. However, I am not thinking put the money into M80HP and VP180HP. and just use them as a great bookshelf speaker.

As for subs, I am either going with the huge SVS Ultra or either Paradigm Studios ( I think they discontinued that line though ) or the JL Audio Fathom F112. I found a site that sells overstock electronics and these are listed there.

Also, if I do build the bigger addition I will upgrade for sure to HP or like I said, at the cost I am now looking at a few different brands. So, will look around and try out a few. SVS Ultra is also getting good reviews. However, I am thinking Axiom M80HP and maybe just go the Factory Outlet with the rest of the speakers.

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4