I don't know if it's a case of buyers remorse or what. I am really agonizing over the decision to order the EP500's. I am sure that they will sound good. I really can't appreciate what or how much they will bring to the table until I get them I guess. But it is quite a bit of money.

When I got the M80 speakers, they were really exceptional. I later after listening and talking with others traded them in for the LFR1100. I never had them side by side so I can't tell if one of them sounded better than the other. I am sure there was an improvement but then again, is it just psyco-acoustics were i spent more so they must be better.

I am well in driving distance to visit Axiom. I am wondering if it is worth the trip up and see if I can do a blind listening test for the M80 vs LFR1100 and with/without the EP500 in the mix.

How much does adding a sub improve the sound?

Craigsub - You have the M100 and M50 and an EP800. I know this is not part of your listening test, but I'd love to hear you thoughts of the M100 vs M50 with the big EP800 running with both of them. Does the big sub kill of any sound gain the larger M100 has over the M50??

I need to get this worry under control about spending the cash on the subs.

Last edited by oakvillematt; 07/04/15 12:57 PM.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5