Originally Posted By exlabdriver
I'm sure glad that I can buy stuff & on the most part be most happy with my purchases. This continual 'second guessing' & 'buyers' remorse' syndrome thankfully just isn't part of my makeup.

Striving for the next few of percent of performance is not only expensive but becomes a frustrating exercise in 'diminishing returns' as the small so-called 'improvement' is often not realized or hardly audible.

I see it all the time in the posts of others in the various forums that I frequent where a supposed 'upgrade' really hasn't happened to their satisfaction - on it goes again & again. I get tired just thinking about it, ha!!

BTW - as I've stated numerous times, my M22V4s & twin EP-800V3s are superb for both music & HT. I feel absolutely no need for towers of any kind...

TAM

I found all this out back in the day when I use to buy speakers from a dealer. I have always recommended to the potential buyer that if they insist on buying from a retailer, make sure that prior to committing to the purchase they can try them out at home in their set-up. If the retailer doesn't allow it, move on.

I don't know how many times in the past that I listened to speakers in the store thinking that these would be an upgrade only to find out when I listened to them in my environment ultimately determining they really weren't much of an upgrade, returning them and thinking my existing set-up was pretty good after all!