Thanks. Yeah, I've got a good sized compressor, a brad nailer, finishing nailer, miter saw, and table saw. Don't have a floor nailer and would have to weigh the options of renting ($35/day - $135/week for a nice one) or buying whenever that day would come.

My "vision" would be to replace a bunch of cheap carpet from the previous owners, outdated tile in the entry, and the existing hardwood in the kitchen, which is actually in good shape everywhere but a 3 foot x 3 foot section where it is really torn up for some reason... Seems like a shame to rip that all up, but for uniformity, it would make sense.

Again, this will be WAY down the road, unfortunately. In the meantime, I am hoping to cut out that 3ft x 3ft section and replace just those sections as the previous homeowner DID have a good amount of extra matching wood pieces. Sure, then that would stand out a little bit as being really new looking, but it will just take a little time before it matched the light wear of the rest of the wood. I just hate the crappy carpet in the living room and dining room (why anyone would choose carpet in a dining room, besides cost I guess, is beyond me), and the dated white tile entryway which has grout coming loose.

Anyway, don't we have a HT to build in this thread? Sorry for sidetracking (in a normal Axiom derailment fashion).

Farewell - June 4, 2020