Originally Posted By Serenity_Now
Please dont do the use and return route. Uber uber tacky.

Bestbuy and I have a hate relationship going when they took my Harmon receiver in under warranty and sat with it for 3.5 months until the warranty ran out and returned it unfixed and then refused to fix it as it was then out of warranty.

Quote:
You can use a computer monitor with dvi input and a dvi to hdmi cord in a pinch to your AVR. They are handy to have and cheap to buy.

I cant remember what AVR you are using, but usually speakers are set to small (or sat+sub sometimes) and crossed over at 60-80hz.

One sub behaves well at 1/3 points along front wall as a rule. Sub should have gain at 12 O'clock to start.

I wouldn't judge anything until you get your AVR setup correctly.

I have 3 computer monitors but sadly all of them are old enough not to have the HDMI input plug. I will have to look into what it takes to get a DVI-HDMI adpator
Amazon Adaptor But it takes 3-5 weeks to get here. OK, I'll buy one of them and not take advantage of Bestbuy this time

As for the speaker size. I cannot figure out why I would want to purchase full size full range speakers such as the LFR's and then cripple them by running them as small. I have a high power high end power amp to drive them that is fully capable of driving down to 2ohms if I had to, so these speakers should be no problem what so ever.

For me the problem is time to get it done. I just posted so that someone could get a good chuckle of being a bit boneheaded. I know these speakers can and will do far more than what they are doing now once setup properly in a room that has the right acoustic adjustments.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5