The problem was that the pre-amp had the full range LFR's set to small with a cross over at 120hz. I have not really got the room anywhere near being done, and still need to get or more to point build a rack for my amps and equipment. The room is littered still with the empty boxes of axiom speakers and other stuff. I know acoustically it is not perfect.

I did have a friend over a week or so ago, and my go to Holly Cole sounded rather tinny and bright. I have listened to this song many times with these exact speakers in a different room upstairs and they did not sound at all bright, so I know the speakers are more than capable to playing correctly. It's an issue with the setup right now. When I played some Dire Straights, it didn't sound as bad but like there wasn't any low end. Will give that a try now that the pre-amp is correctly set up

I have to make the decision about the boxes and what ones I keep and what I chuck. I think I will keep the sub boxes as they are new, and I have no plans on getting rid of the LFR's so keeping the boxes for them is a bit more pointless. I might look into packing some of the foam ends into other boxes and just flatten down the outside box for the LFR's. That will save a heap of space.

As for 2 channel listening with or without a sub. It's like asking why inane needs a 97 corvette to drive around. You don't need the speed but it sure is more fun to have it. I own the sub's so I might as well use them to supplement the full range sound that I am getting from the LFR's

Last edited by oakvillematt; 09/01/15 09:40 PM.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5