So the packages arrived and got carfully carried down into the cave. Sadly due to some sort sighted planning on my side, I only have 1 25' XLR cable so hooking both up is a bit more difficult. I do have some 15' XLR to 1/4" but they don't do me much good.

So with one plugged in, I found my 1812 CD with the digital mastered cannons, and sat down to be blown away. It was enemic. So lacking in bottom end I just could not get into it.

HUMM.. check the cables. All is good. Perhaps the XLR cable is defective. Nope, works fine when tested as an interconnect to the amp.

I know, check the settings on the pre-amp. There's the problem. The speakers seem to have been set to SMALL and the sub set to LFE only. Set the speakers to Large. Crossover to 80, base management to sub+main. Give it a try again. Still seems wrong.

Check everything.. OH.. the volume on the Sub is set to ZERO.. Try turning it up.. There. Now the driver is actually moving when playing something. YAY.

Still sounds a bit lacking in the bass, but that is with only a single sub hooked up and I have not tried moving anything to get the best sound yet. Still have to figure out what acoustic modifications the room needs. But it sure sounds far better than what was playing before.

Sadly, the cheep Westinghouse TV that I have to try and set everything up causes a ground fault loop hum when it's plugged in. Will have to find a monitor that has HDMI input to test with, or just temporarily buy a TV from BestBuy then return it next week when everything is setup and tested a bit more.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5