I like that low end bump... and I can't say I don't like to be my college self once in a while, lol.

Anyone else have an opinion on this? HP or not HP for the M60s? Socketman - thank you for the advice - and he is right... I don't want to have buyer's remorse.

My 'loud' moments come when I sit on the deck outside of our living room... I like to turn the Marantz up to 60 or 65. I'd like to be able to do that with more bottom end oomph... and I also want a deeper/louder sound at lower volumes (deep and rich at lower volumes too). Would the M60 high power with the Marantz, or with an external Emotiva 2-channel amp, sound richer than the M60s with either of those options? If adding the external amp will make it that much deeper (bass) and richer, then perhaps I forego the HP version? Or is the difference only between the m60 and the sub/no sub question? I prefer not to add a sub. With my two-channel Sansui setup, I won't use an external amp (and don't think I can either). Ditto with my vintage Yamaha CR620, or my vintage Marantz 2230.

As you can see I have a tough time making decisions, lol... More thoughts appreciated (and thank you Socketman!).