There is a slight increase in output at the lower frequencies. If you look at the physical attributes of the HP woofer it has a much larger surround which would indicate it has a longer Xmax which will allow the speaker to move further and have higher output. Now if you plan to use a subwoofer at any point then you don't need this extra output plus the sub would take a huge load off your main amp. It is the bass that consumes the most power from the amplifier so using bass management will allow the sub to take over those duties. Now if your a bass head like me you would do one of 2 things, get the HP's or add a sub. I know I have already said this but if your sticking to straight 2 channel listening I say go for the HP's. Tam will tell as I will also , I use subs with my 2 channel listening since my mains don't have much output below 60hz and I really like the way it sounds and the subs blend really nice so those are your choices. It seems your are really having difficulty with this final decision hopefully this will help sway you one way or another.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry