I truly hope one day they make an HDTV that appeals to me in the same way a plasma does. I don't expect anyone to understand the attraction that a plasma has to plasma lovers. LCD just does not look real, it looks artificial to me that's the only way I can think to describe it. In reality a true cinema should be front projection with the light reflected back to the audience not a light source such as a TV. If I did not have a failing TV I would be going with a projector in a NY minute but I still need a TV for my everyday viewing and gaming in the family room. The M series vizio by far is the most attractive set in both price and viewer recommendations and may end up being the go between set as a compromise. My 16yr old who does a lot of gaming has an LCD in his room and prefers it to my Plasma so I do realize that my bias is personal though my 25yr old son prefers the plasma , go figure. I found the above mentioned Samsung plasma for a decent price as well but I worry about their history of humming power supplies and having it shipped 3 thousand miles is a bit of a gamble. Much to mull over , but I feel in the end I will have to compromise and go with and LED.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry