Originally Posted By Socketman
I truly hope one day they make an HDTV that appeals to me in the same way a plasma does. I don't expect anyone to understand the attraction that a plasma has to plasma lovers. LCD just does not look real, it looks artificial to me that's the only way I can think to describe it.

Just curious if you turned off any "Tru Motion" or similar visual processing that was originally meant to increase the refresh rates.
I have a friend who bought a new LCD over a year ago and loved it. When i was at his place, the picture playback looked "fake". It was then i realized he had his Tru Motion turned on (the default setting for the tv) and when i turned it off, he didn't see the difference.
I notice it immediately.
I read that someone described it like comparing a regular tv movie to watching a soap opera. The soaps always have some odd smoothing motion to them.
http://hometheaterreview.com/what-is-soap-opera-effect-and-how-to-make-it-go-away/
This is what the Tru Motion (or similar) processing looks like to me and hence, "fake". The motion of anything on the screen doesn't flow naturally.

I turned it off on our LG LCD but otherwise i agree, OLED is for us in the near future. Never liked LCD.
Want to change out my computer monitor asap too.
Waiting....

Last edited by chesseroo; 12/07/15 05:06 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."