I auditioned the Studio 100's. I'd say a step down but mostly sideways.

The Axiom speakers are very very revealing speakers. What you put in, you get out only louder. Give the speakers a really well recorded track and you will be swimming in sound ambrosia. Put on something sub prime and it you get that smack in your face.

The Paradigm Studio speakers I found changed the sound. Think of it like a melting pot. You can feed them mostly anything and you will get back a really nice sounding experience, but without life and deep emotion.

If you have a collection of crappy recordings that you are totally happy with and no plans to part ways, then you will enjoy the Paradigm speakers and hate the Axioms.

If you have a collection of great recordings, then you will get the same enjoyable sound from the Paradigm but loose out on hearing an exceptional sound experience that the Axioms can deliver.

It is a dual edge sword. You don't get anything for free. I went with the better sound and agreed to toss out or not bother listening to about 45% of the music I own as it doesn't sound right with my speakers. But I am fine with that as the remaining 55% sounds out of this world. I like to feel the emotion and connected to the music.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5