Originally Posted By Mojo
In late 2007 I compared my M80v2 against the Studio 100v3. The mid-range on the Studio 100v3 was superior to the M80v2. The image coherence and highs were slightly better on the M80v2.

Well, at $2700 that is $1000 less than Axiom v4 HP in High Glossy.
I am not sure how the v4HP would be against the Studio v3.
But, I would think if you got a pair of Axiom v4 HP in plain finish they would most likely be comparable. I am in the same boat as what Mojo said regarding the v2 and Studio v3. I would suspect though that both have made improvements. If the price difference was the same as it used to be I would take the Axiom, that a big reason I took Axiom was the difference for compareable speakers was alot. Now, Axiom has priced thier products in the same ballpark as other speaker brands or close.

I guess not having heard the v4HP, but if they have improved as much as people say over v3 and each cost the same. And if finish doesn't mean anything then flip a coin really their both awesome speakers. You could also order the Axioms take them to the store and compare them side by side then return the Axioms if the Studios are better and get the studios.

Also, remember if your using the sub with the speakers for music then this is mute and get the Axiom v4 non HP. Those are $1000 cheaper and I know the Studio v5 is not $1000 better

Last edited by TroyD; 03/05/16 04:35 PM.

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4