Matman, your question about 1000W amps depends on a number of things. First, it depends on how loud you like it. Second is whether you listen to dynamically compressed or uncompressed music.Third it depends on how much power you can pump into your speakers before they dynamically compress.

If you listen at 1 Watt per channel nominal, which may be quite likely, at grunge music which is typically dynamically compressed, then amplifier power and speaker compression is a non-issue. But if you listen to music that preserves dynamics, like well-recorded classical or movies, then that 1 Watt is fine for a flute but you might need as much as a few hundred Watts for a loud brass and drum passage.This few hundred Watts can easily become 1000W or more if you listen at a higher nominal level.

If you had M3s, they would dynamically compress at about 150W. Each of your LFR1100s won't compress until they hit 400W or maybe even more. I would venture to say, for short dynamic bursts, the LFR1100s are good to over 750W.

Most don't need a 1000W amp but I think we all need amps with dynamic reserves. When I need a couple of hundred Watts out of my Onk, it comes out of stored reserves and not the wall. If I listened to more than a Watt nominal, I would likely need a beefier amp.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated