The M3 speakers arrived and I am trying them side by side with the M2s. It makes me chuckle to walk into the room and there's 4 speakers surrounding my monitor.

I'm still trying to decide, but so far its coming down to exactly what you all probably thought it would - the M3s have the lower bass I wanted, but lack the upper mids, which of course the M2s excel at. I want to see if I can EQ the M3s to have a little more upper mids. I want the bass drum of the M3s and the snare of the M2s. I was wishing I could get an enclosure with all 3 speakers, and then I saw the M5 bookshelf speakers. Now I'm thinking of going with those and a separate amp. Not sure, they are big.

Additionally, I have the following feeedback on the M2 and M3 computer speakers themselves. I apologize if this seems critical. Its not as if these speakers aren't awesome.

1) 75 watts seems far far too much. Anything above 1/2 volume on the speaker dial is simply too loud, even if I'm out of the room (I just use the M60s at that point). I would think 40 watts would be enough.

2) Because of the wattage, the volume knob is extremely sensitive. Just a simple 1 mm turn produces a massive swing in volume.

3) Like a lot of powered speaker pairs, the speaker with the power amp (the left one), is slightly louder than the slave speaker, and the sound stage is a little left of center. I can use the balance to mostly overcome this, but its not my preferred solution as I'd need to adjust it every time I switch from speakers to headphones, or back.

4) Volume knob not that easy to get to as its below the USB cable input. Granted once I have everything setup right, I'd probably not need it much, but at the same time, it would be great if it were more accessible, or remote controlled. A button to instantly mute the speakers would be nice as well.

More to come.