I think this is a brilliant and exciting idea. One of my ongoing challenges in watching TV programs is that so much of the content is collapsed to the center. Yes, I've tried all the Dolby modes etc. (although - to be fair - my receiver is aging).

I'm going to paste below what I wrote on the related FB post.

My lens is currently a projection system, so I only have ~24" of space under the screen to work with, and only about 12' away.

I'm a little confused about placement. It looks (and seems) like you'd just set this thing on the floor in front of your screen. But how much benefit can you get from the rear drivers being that low? I suppose you'd HAVE to put it on a stand, which would eliminate use in any non-acoustically-transparent projection screen installation. And if you did put it behind an AT screen, you'd have to make that a live environment instead of a dead one. So, it seems like it would need to be in the room, in a big room, on a stand, and yet somehow not compromise the viewing angle. How about if you redesign the box so that the front baffle AND the back baffle are both tilted up so that it is designed to sit on or close to the floor?

Because if I aim the current design up towards the listener, then the back drivers are going to be aimed down at the floor. So the only way this thing "works" is if the tweeters are at about ear level and the speaker is mounted level. I don't want to "look at" the center speaker; I want to "look at" the screen (about 1/3 of the way up).

Make the front and back driver assemblies/baffles two separate units that are hinged at the top? laugh

bibere usque ad hilaritatem