Originally Posted By Mojo
I would trade in the M22s for the M5HPs and be very happy doing it. I am betting the M5HPs will sound better than my M80v2.

What makes you think the midrange driver needs improvement?

I personally don't want to pay for fancier terminals.

As for the terminals, just on the HP line of speakers or even the real wood orders.
And yes I like those clear ones too.

Yes, I think I would/will be very happy with those M5HP. Just got a few other things to get first, QS8's and EP500. then upgrade the M22.

Not so much " It needs Improvement " but I didn't think the tweeter needed improvement, either. Just, the tweeter had improvements done. The Woofers had an upgrade for better higher performance. If the tweeter and woofers and cross overs needed improvement, just think the 5.25" could get some lovin too, I mean this is probably the most important and used driver of them all. I mean we set the M80's to small throw in a sub and let it take over at 80hz. given the mid starts at what 100 hz to 2khz it is the most used, give it some love, thats where the noticeable difference will be. I mean with my M80, I would almost bet my paycheck if the M80v4 and M80HPv4 are side be side with A/B switching and dual EP500 subs. You would not tell the difference.
Turn off the subs, yeh I can see how you would.
However, the sub does not play in the mid range frequencies,

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4