Originally Posted By Rjlitho
It took me 6 hrs there and back but was a nice drive I left at 7:30 not to much traffic . I need to work on set up .Music was a bit boomy I think I need some port plugs .My amp is the ADA 1500 3 channel for centre and left and right .One this I struggle with is how for I have to push volume on my AV receiver .-23 DB is not very loud .Not sure what is up, my hearing is ok .Any help would be great Thank you
Note I ordered these speakers this week and Debbie made arrangements for me to pick up this weekend.Thank you to Jeff Debbie's husband who met me at Axiom at 10:30am
Their customer service is second to none .Thank you both for making this happen for me .

Bob M

Hi Bob, sometimes a mismatch between your pre/out voltage and the voltage gain of the amp cause the situation you are experiencing . If you pre out voltage is too low it will be unable to drive your amp to full power. You may also be driving your pre outs to clipping while trying to get your amp to max power which can introduce distortion at high volumes. It is sometimes difficult to find exact specs for a receiver's output specs. You can find the voltage gain of the amp on Axioms site, they say 2.0v for full power so really you should have no problems with most modern receivers,tell us what u have. Also remember that todays volume controls are logarithmic rather than linear so they react differently. Best to look that one up on google smile . If you can hit the volume you like without distortion then you are good to go, in they end they are just numbers.

Last edited by Socketman; 10/08/17 04:19 AM.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry