Originally Posted By bman84
C8 will be nice! What will you be using to play 4K discs?

What pricing are you looking at for the 3500 and 4500?

I find it good to space out upgrades so that you can fully appreciate each new part.

I currently rip blu ray and hd audio, re-encode video in handbrake and add to Plex. Not interested in doing the same with 4k, so may not see the absolute best in picture/sound, but I will live with that.

So, 4K content is going to be coming by way of apple tv/itunes 4k w/dolby vision and atmos enabled movies. Netflix as well.

3500h is $999.99, 4500H is $1500 or can get B-stock for $1188. I generally am fine with B-stock, but not sure the 4500H is discounted enough to make it worth the 'risk'.

I agree on spacing out, but aside from the speakers kinda need to do both tv and receiver at same time to get 4k and dobly vision. I currently have a 1080p projector, so moving down to 65 inches (from 92") is going to take some getting used to, but I am looking forward to what should be a much improved picture.

Originally Posted By Mojo

Pheare, knowing what I know now, I advise you stick with your M22s but do get the 160v4. Trust me, you will kick yourself for not upgrading earlier. Stop analyzing and trade up to the damned thing already.

Speaking of analyzing, I am now thinking about 3 m22 v4 for l/c/r and moving my v3s to surround.

I seem to recall reading some lengthily posts about how it is best to have a center identical to your l/r?

Probably add wall mounted m3s as well and give the atmos enabled speaker set-up a go. If I am not happy with that, I will try them as overhead speakers, though not sure how I would angle them down.

Though I wonder if the on-wall m2s might be better as they have the same size driver as the m22s.

If axiom will let me, would trade up my single m2, qs4s and qs8s against this.

Last edited by pheare; 04/28/19 06:06 PM.