My O2 amp cut out the other day (battery ran out because it some how got unplugged).
This got me thinking about how many headphones we actually use everyday and how each had specific uses.

So, here's my list ...

Sennheiser HD650
These are my favorite. Open and airy and always leaves me smiling. I use them exclusively at home when working on the computer while no one else is around (since they are open back and may bother others). Since they are 300ohms I need the O2 amp to drive them (the mac just does deliver the voltage needed to make these shine. I originally used the HD595 which sounded very similar but the HD650 edged them out.

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 300ohm version. These are a closed backed headphones which I switch to when my wife is in the office. They also need an amp. Solves the problem of getting complaints to turn down the music and keeps me from hearing all the conference calling she does. They are very good for a closed back but just don't have that airy feel of the Sennheisers. I've also have a pair of Dennon AH-D600 which were a bit too colored but sometimes I switch it up.

Etmotic HF3 and Kilpsch Image X10 earbuds (both discontinued now). Both are great sounding buds (also isolate extremely well) which I use when on the go and sometimes in the office (HF3 more accurate, X10 has a very enjoyable bass bump). I also use these while mowing the lawn or leaf blowing under Ear Protection Muffs (I did try the Sony MDR8506 which has active noise cancelation and it did do an excellent job at killing the mower noise but the sound was at best poor). Lately I've been switching over to wireless Soundcores (below) under the muffs as I found I was constantly getting the wires caught on things, like mower handles (A trade off between great sound and getting the bud pulled out of my ear every so often).

Koss Porta Pro
These are the best value of the all the sets listed here. For the price ($35US) they sound better then some $300 sets I've listen to. We have half a dozen pairs. A couple of pairs stay in each car for the kids (sometimes I use them) and a couple float around the house mainly for TV use when others need quiet (family room tv has a distribution amp attached to it). These are being replaced in the cars as we upgrade to iPhones without jacks. So now we'll have plenty of headphones for the TV.

Apple Beats Studio3 (wireless)
My older kid, now a 18 year old, received a pair of Wireless Beats for his last birthday (didn't like wearing buds) which he wears almost 24 hours a day. The sound if I remember correctly (as I can't get them off his head) is a bit bass heavy but still enjoyable.

Soundcore Spirit X Sports (wireless)
A excellent value for a wireless earbud ($35US). Sound is surprisingly good. They do have a cord which goes behind the neck to connect the buds together. The battery time is excellent. These were originally bought for the kids because their iPhone 7’s didn’t have headphone jacks. I’ve also started using these when on the go. The mic is not good enough for phone use in any noisy environment.