Originally Posted by rrlev
Originally Posted by BBIBH
It appears Craig was serious
One does not dump their equipment because they are upset with what a few people said on a message board ... something else is up here

This is simple. The OP has pushed too many buttons in too many topics here and Craig got tired of it. I danced around that statement previously, but there it is. I've talked with Craig privately about some previous posts, but sadly don't have any contact information outside of the Axiom forums to touch base with him and now he is gone and with him a lot of knowledge and expertise.

So why sell the product if it is an issue with other product consumers?
Part of the Axiom experience was always these forums. The family feel to it where people were welcomed, and we all had a good time while learning more about Axiom products, speaker designs, room utilization, favorite beverages, and some good music. That is gone now and while the products are still rock solid and the people at Axiom are top notch, that was a part of the experience and as such, when that frequent experience turns sour for a while, it can psychologically cause someone to take drastic steps.

I don't think that I would go as far as selling me gear, but I follow where Craig's thought process was on this. Frustration and emotional discord drove him to a drastic step. Sort of the idea of someone hates their job, so when they quit, they want to really quit, and go out in a blaze of glory so that every bridge is burned so that they never could work at that place again. I've seen that happen. Here, the only way to fully ensure that someone stays away is 1) get pissed off about the quality of posts over a period of time, 2) sell the equipment that ties you to these forums.

Craig selling his gear is just his way to ensure that he has zero reason to come back here. It is really unfortunate.

Farewell - June 4, 2020