Originally Posted by rrlev
Unfortunately, It's my understanding that they are prone to burn-in issues. If this is true there are too many times the tv gets left on with a static screen that I'd want to take that chance ... any thoughts.

I was worried about that since most of my TV use is with my PC. I did have burn in with the Panasonic plasma I was using prior. You could see a ghost of the taskbar along the bottom of the screen, though that wasn't very noticeable with most moving content. After several months with the new LG OLED, I'm still not seeing any signs of image retention. I did set up Windows to auto-hide the taskbar this time around, but as much as I have my web browser open with the tabs lining the top, it still feels like a candidate for burn-in. I'm cautiously optimistic the issue won't manifest, as I usually run the Pixel Refresher every couple of weeks. I was doing it at least once a week at first out of paranoia, but I'm starting to relax.

The one issue I'm having is the screen randomly shutting itself off. It seems to happen more often when it's doing certain things. Like it is happening more often when I'm playing Bejeweled 3, so I'm not sure what it is that's causing it. For a while the picture was dropping out, but the TV was still on. After some hair-pulling, I replaced my HDMI cable with an older one, and suddenly it was working again. I had the company replace the cable since I had spent over $100 for it (30-footer), but unfortunately the replacement developed the same issue over time, so again I had to revert to the BlueRigger HDMI cable I'd been using before. The only issue I'd had with that cable is it couldn't seem to handle Dolby Vision HDR. Everything else it was fine with, but I couldn't watch anything in Dolby Vision without it losing the picture. So I replaced the cable with a newer model of BlueRigger, and besides the TV turning itself off randomly at times, all issues appear resolved. I will have to contact LG Customer Service if I can't fix it on my own. Part of me is thinking it might be the Marantz receiver I'm currently using, which isn't the latest. HDMI always seems finicky, and I probably have more frustration ahead of me since standards are always changing and there are always going to be hiccups across devices.