Originally Posted by rrlev
Originally Posted by chesseroo
I've held off for probably 5 years in buying an OLED tv but this year it is finally going to happen
I've been looking at tvs and currently the OLEDs look to have the best picture.

Unfortunately, It's my understanding that they are prone to burn-in issues. If this is true there are too many times the tv gets left on with a static screen that I'd want to take that chance ... any thoughts.

As far as OLED's are concerned, I will, hopefully,l put your mind at ease. In the last two model years especially, brands are placing pixel screen shift, pixel refresher and logo luminance adjustments on their models, hence, the burn-in issue is all but gone(LG manufactures the OLED panels for all brands). Of course, if one has a monitor that is on all day locked on to the same channel with countless static logos, you could still have a problem. I would also submit that if you are previously a plasma and/or CRT owner and unless you are in an environment with very bright ambient lights on all the time, aside from an OLED, you will probably not be satisfied with anything but the most expensive LCD. LCDs are getting closer in achieving proper black levels, it does, however, come at price and like plasmas, you can't beat the black levels and "off axis" viewing capabilities of a 4K OLED and it shows in the picture even comparing it to a late model large screen 8K LCD wherein the difference between the two has proven to be almost impossible to discern.

Two weeks ago, I took delivery of my "dream" monitor, a 77" LG 2020 CX OLED. A lot of money, however, when I look at a movie, with the infinite contrast and colors that jump out at you, on a screen of this size, there is almost something resembling a 3D effect in the picture. For the record, I have had little or no problem with Netflix, however, unless you have a bandwidth issue, HDR and Dolby Vision look great.