Well, ultimately, it is going to be your budget(and its flexibility) that determines your final choice. Since I have been absent from the Axiom forum for awhile, I am not aware of how if any, the television you are talking about is a stand alone deal or integrated into a home theater system, in which case, I suppose, the bigger the better and what you are using it for and then start from there. Of course, as you have seen just from this small sample, everyone has had different experiences with different televisions from different manufacturers so, ultimately, you can only take that advice so far.

If you have yet to start looking around and you want to point yourself in the right direction and not spend your time wandering around retailers looking at blown out, unrealistic pictures, I found YouTube has three pretty good independent minded sites for assessing the different models in various price ranges from many of the manufacturers. Clearly, there is something to be said, even with televisions, you ultimately "get what you pay for". Then again, in the LCD category, much of the newer technologies have come out of what have been perceived the "budget" companies, Hisense and TCL who are making a pretty good run at the big guys with great value. The question with them is still, reliability and availability. Vizio has been kind of left behind in all of this in terms of pricing and availability as well, yet, even Vizio has introduced an OLED in their product line.

RTings.com
HDTVTest and Digital Trends.

RTings and HDTV test are somewhat more detailed and technical in nature
with longer programming, however, they give the potential buyer some good information on the strength and weaknesses of the sets they are assessing.

Anyway, good luck and above all, have fun.

Last edited by casey01; 06/19/20 02:15 PM.