I haven't had much luck with LG technology over the years to the point where i won't buy LG anymore. Sure they make the underlying hardware for OLED (presently) but difference in processors, mainboards and OS can be considerable. I don't expect the visuals to be night and day difference between the LG and say Sony OLEDs but the customer experience in some ways certainly is.

The most recent LG item was a tv. Owned a LG LED tv (46" i think) not long ago. Hated the remote. Hated the slow OS. The picture had evident edge blooming (not uncommon for LED and varied by model, brand but on this LG on dark scenes it really stood out). Greys weren't great and sound was mediocre. Paid reasonable money for it (it was not bottom end model but probably note the top end unit either which only had additional OS or connection features but the processor and screen was the same as the next model or two down).
Then after a mere few years the thing went downhill and is showing issues which leads me to think this thing is dying. In comparison, i bought a Sony LED 55" just over a year ago. The colours are bloody outstanding. No blooming or minor. The off angle contrast still sucks (a LED downfall), but the OS and remote were so much easier. Longevity is yet to be determined but we've had two other LCD/LED tech tvs which lasted at least 5 years. We had a horrible 1st gen LCD Phillips that lasted a reasonable long time but was glad to see when that thing finally died. It had that motion issue which i am rather acutely tuned to seeing so watching hockey games was painful. It looked to me like Fox brought back their hockey puck with trails nonsense.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

In previous encounters with LG, i've dealt more with computer parts although we also had one home appliance that was LG. All of them fell short on longevity but had good specs and functionality otherwise. The occasional customer support call to LG about such things over the years has been less than stellar and basically the units ended up going to e-waste or metal scrap.

In brief, overall, i've been turned off LG as a company. I won't buy that brand anymore.
As such, to replace the aged media room tv, i'm keeping my eye out for the Sony A1E 77" clearances later this year or post holidays i think.
https://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/televisions/a1e-series

If we decide to drop down to the 65" size from 77", there's more options but so very little differences between them. We don't need the actuator and subwoofer sound function so the A8H series is probably the 65" choice.
https://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/televisions/xbr-a8h-series

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."