Just recently Consumer Reports came out with their reliability assessment of televisions covering the last two model years and apparently OLEDs for all brands (LG, Sony, Panasonic) were the best and by a rather wide margin. Second, were LCDs ,but, in the higher end model ranges. Third were TCL and lower LCD model ranges with the "majors" and models from Vizio, Hisense etc. were next on the model list. Of course, these were relatively short term assessments, however, like a lot of electronics, if one is going to have problems it is more than likely going to occur within the first year and within the warranty period. When one looks at it, the OLED technology is, in reality, much simpler in nature as opposed to LCDs with their multiple layers and back lighting.

Funny you mention your issues with LG. I guess everyone has had them, yet, in my case,this OLED is my third LG in the last 6 years, the previous being LCD's, very reliable and good color and still working very well. My 2018 LCD LG "Nanocell" great picture and color but, you are right about the blooming, essentially caused by not having enough dimming zones, something that this new Mini/micro LED technology that is forthcoming is suppose to solve.

In any case, whether it be LG,Sony,or Samsung, in the case of their LCD models, it is rather interesting to note that in the last couple of model years, they are ALL cutting back on their dimming zones, even in their higher end lines making one wonder what is the future of that current technology.