I'm pretty sure my receiver has always had a hum but it seems like it got louder for a brief period and now it's back to being "quieter". Maybe three or four weeks ago my kids were watching antenna tv, after I put them to bed I went to turn the tv off and noticed the picture on the tv was frozen. I turned the receiver off and the picture started moving and the "loud" humming was first heard. It was at this point that I realized that my receiver was affecting my antenna signal. I turned the receiver back on and the picture froze again. I turned it off and the picture returned to normal.
Just moments ago, I had the signal meter up on the tv and turning the receiver on/off had no impact on the signal whereas a few weeks ago it made the signal drop significantly. The past week or so, it seems like the "loud" humming has stopped and it's back to "normal".

If my memory is correct, it was at this same time that I noticed my sub was humming as well. I don't recall it always humming, if it did it was a very low hum that I never noticed.

I did some googling in regards to the sub, I haven't searched regarding the receiver yet. I found several possible causes it could be and grounding comes up often. I just now attempted to ground the sub by putting a wire in the ground hole in my wall outlet and put the other end against the rca connector on the back of the sub. I also tried touching it against the screws on the back of the sub but they all appear to be wood screws so I don't expect them to ground anything. I would think the rca connector would provide a ground but maybe in wrong? Nothing I did worked, the hum was still there. If I unplug my sub cable while it's powered up the hum persists after it's unplugged. If I power the sub off then turn it back on with no cables connected there is no hum.

I'm a novice when it comes to this stuff so I would appreciate any guidance.

Anyone have any suggestions for me to get rid of the humming?

I have my receiver enclosed by baby gates and all of my cables are managed neatly so troubleshooting is going to be a major pain, so ideally I'm trying to get this corrected the first time so I don't have to get to the back of my receiver multiple times.

I honestly can't remember if my speaker and sub wires are in the same bundle as my power cables, and I can't tell without a lot of work to get back there. I am aware that is one of the things to check for and separate them if they are in fact together.

I have the speaker wire for my rears and the sub cable in the same cable management channel. My sub is plugged into a different outlet from the rest of my devices. Everything else is plugged into a "clean power" power bar.

I appreciate any and all suggestions, thanks in advance