I took the amp off and I don't see any capacitors or anything that looks damaged other than what appears to be a plastic screw showing some burning on it. If you look at the picture I attached it's the philips screw, I'm not sure what function that screw serves?

[img]https://ibb.co/fMMmXq7[/img]

Years ago I was given a Reel sub that didn't work, the driver and amp were bad. My brother gave me a sub that used to be in his car that he no longer used so I bought a plate amp from parts express and put everything together in the Reel sub box. It made for a cheap sub that has worked well for me in my basement. I just tried attaching the driver from my axiom sub to that amp and there is no hum so if the "trade up" option is still to expensive, I'm thinking I can just buy another plate amp since my driver seems to be ok still. I'm thinking this route would likely be much cheaper.

There doesn't appear to be any clear info on my axiom amp or driver in regards to wattage.

On the amp it says: 120V~ 60 Hz
On the driver it says: 10ACB-4-80LY120-20

I'm trying to look for a replacement plate amp but I'm not sure of the specs on my driver. I searched for "10ACB-4-80LY120-20" but haven't been able to find any info yet.

I'm guessing 10ACM means 10"
4 means 4 ohms
80 & 120 are the watt range???
not sure what the 20 would mean

Am I grasping at straws or am I onto something?