Jumbo, controlling a woofer to achieve articulate bass is more than just nominal impedance and rated power. Otherwise, the only thing that's achieved is one-note boom as in car subs.

The 125v4 is practically identical in sound pressure and low frequency reach as your older EP175. One will do just fine for your 2000 cu ft space. Take advantage of Axiom's generous trade-in offer, choose the wood finish you want and enjoy.

This is the review of the EP125v4 I think I provided to Axiom but don't see on the product page:

"I run 2.2 using dual EP125v4 in cherry chestnut with M2 on-walls in my 1920 cu. ft. living room. They are tight, smooth and totally musical. Victor Wooten, Kraftwerk, Dan Fogelberg, Yazoo, Queen, Red Hot Chili Peppers...all full, tight, nice mid-bass and controlled lows even at volumes that I'd never play. Clapton's Change the World has such a wonderful pop and articulation.

The 125v4 has a really nice mid-bass touch but it doesn't sacrifice the textured growling I have with my sealed Axiom subs. It's not like a one-note mid-bass punch. The sound is very nice. Very engaging.

The 125 would be very good for movie effects as well as music in a smaller room like my living room. It's a very good double-duty sub. It's such a small size too. With its trapezoidal shape, it's easy to fit it under side tables, etc. I like having them out in the open though where I can take in the cherry chestnut.

I like the 125v4 better on some tracks than the 500v4. For example, Another one bites the dust sounds better to me on the dual 125v4/M2OW combo than on the dual 500v4 and 800v4 I have in my main room with the active LFR1100. The bass is far more engaging on the 125v4 for some tunes. It has to do with the perceived greater mid-bass but not so "peaky" that it is of the one-note type that can be distracting or over-whelming.

These subs have made a previously good presentation even better. Now it just sounds so much cleaner and more tactile."

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated