I looked at that capacitor again, it looks perfectly fine to me.

I heard back from Axiom today and BBIBH is correct, my sub is an EP175. The trade up value exceeded my expectations. I think with some convincing of my wife I might be able to get her on board with an EP125. At the moment, I have this sub in a small living room but there is a good chance we will be purchasing my in-laws house in the next 2-3 years. If/when that happens, this sub would be getting installed in a much larger room. I haven't actually measured it but I would estimate it's close to the 20x12x8 size that is ideal for the EP175, however the ceiling is much taller, its probably 8' on the ends but it peaks up to probably around 16' in the middle of the room. Do you think an EP125 would be sufficient for a room that large? I've never used a sub that was "undersized" for the room it was in so I'm not sure what it would sound like. I use the sub primarily for watching tv/movies, I don't care nearly as much about it when it comes to music. I enjoy the full surround experience when it comes to my tv.

Mojo, why do you say, "you can't just buy any old amp and mate it to a driver." Is that not essentially what people who build their own subs do? Do you not just buy an amp that matches the specs of the driver?