O. M. G. !! Mojo you were so right! I don’t have your eloquent descriptive abilities so I’m just gonna say these speakers kick freakin ass! Your analogy was perfect, like going from 720 p to 4k. The detail, clarity, soundstage is amazing! Listening to the M50’s I always thought “how much better could it be”, well, apparently it can be a lot better. All my agonizing over whether to trade or not was squashed in the first 3 minutes. I played Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze, loud, and it was like I was hearing it for the first time. Norah Jones, Jeff Buckley, the detail stunning. Everything I threw at them sounded amazing, even some old concert recordings that arent that great and I usually can’t turn up too loud. These speakers play loud with 0 distortion and little effort from my amp. They are also really good at playing at low volumes. It’s hard to describe the difference but it’s kinda like the M50’s seemed to move further away as you turned down the volume, the M5’s don’t do that, they get quieter but they still stay up front, if that makes any sense. I am so glad I did this. I’m not even sad to see the M50’s go anymore.
I had planned 2 or 3 hours for the installation and it took all damn day. For some reason this room is built differently than the rest of the house (I have 5 in and on wall Axioms in my family room), there is no access to the wall cavities from the crawl space. I’ve never seen anything like it, the room is not an addition so I don’t know why it’s different from the rest of the house. After spending a lot of time down in that dungeon, and a lot of time “ negotiating” a new plan with the house decorator, I ended up just running the wire down to the baseboard and out the wall through a coaxial wall plate. It was the cleanest option. She wasnt thrilled but said “I guess I’ll get used to it”, lol.
So, CanesFanlnVA you are in for quite a treat! Detail, clarity, soundstage, spaciousness, and, I have no idea where all that bass is coming from! I’m sure mojo can throw in a few more descriptive terms if you need them but bottom line is, you’re going to be happy.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/U5StcgLKgukC5TMn6