Cork, thanks! It's a great feeling to be really satisfied with such a large purchase, especially this day in age haha.

I think you weren't running a sub? I can see how the 660s might leave you wanting for more in the lower frequency range. It's such a large part of the experience, for me anyway. I do have the M80s, in my home theater set up at my apt. I have a cabin up in the White Mountains in NH and that's where the 2.1 set up is. I find that at home I have a hard time sitting to listen but love movies and while up north really enjoy relaxing and listening to music more than watching TV/Movie. So I've never really been able to compare the M80s for music listening. I just started the foray into 2 channel music during the pandemic, as I snuck away to the cabin for a few months to get outta dodge.

I would say the M5s + Sub are probably similar to the M80s or at least as close as I can compare. The sub digs deeper but the 660s alone def miss some of the excitement, which I think is far more noticeable to the overall experience than the added benefits of the LFR so I can see why you'd favor the M80s. But couple the LFRs with a good sub that's articulate and goes low and its a match made in heaven. I also listen at moderate volumes, so 660 is good otherwise M80, 880, 1100 will obviously be the better horse. I'd say the difference is the the width and depth of the soundstage, and obviously the off axis performance. These were my key areas to upgrade. The sound "quality" isn't better persay but the experience is better when doing other things I enjoy, casual listening is drastically improved while eating, cooking, playing games, whatever. The added "surround effect" is a weird and awesome bonus and better definition of instruments through the wider sound stage provides much better image clarity at the MLP. I found it much easier to be transported to the venue and visualize the instruments.

The M80s Rock for HT and really like them with the VP160, unfortunately I've been in an apt for a while and not been able to really let them or any of the other speakers get a good workout in.

Last edited by Jritz1871; 07/12/21 08:39 PM.

HT - M80v4, VP160v4, QS8vOLD, PSA V1500, Anthem MRX520
2.1 - LFR 660, Rythmik E15, ADA1000+DSP