Originally Posted by Jritz1871
I'd say the difference is the the width and depth of the soundstage, and obviously the off axis performance. These were my key areas to upgrade. The sound "quality" isn't better persay but the experience is better when doing other things I enjoy, casual listening is drastically improved while eating, cooking, playing games, whatever. The added "surround effect" is a weird and awesome bonus and better definition of instruments through the wider sound stage provides much better image clarity at the MLP. I found it much easier to be transported to the venue and visualize the instruments.

This generally echoes a few opinions of the LFRs including my own.
The quality isn't better, but the soundstage is changed, very wide off axis, and almost a surround effect but not less precise for instruments up front. It helps the speakers disappear more though i could see how some people might also perceive this sound as too diverse and consequently loss of detail/accuracy. I've heard dipoles upfront before and they fit that description, but i didn't find that when i heard the LFRs.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."