Originally Posted by rrlev
Originally Posted by Cork
So when would you use M5s, what's the cut-over? (Room size, use, something else?)
the M5's can play louder than the M2 but I think the real reason to go with the M5 would be to crossover to the sub at a lower frequency. I haven't noticed a problem but there probably is some low-end directional info being lost with the M2's
Okay, so I was on the right track; I just wasn't going the M2 enough credit.

Originally Posted by Eblack12
Hah I will be sure to post my thoughts on the M5OW when I get them in 3-4 weeks. Since this thread is still going, what is the next piece to my system I should consider? Sub, surrounds, center? I saw some suggestions with a phantom center here. There is two of us that would be watching the tv. Plan on purchasing the next item later this year in the winter. Will likely wait to see if Axiom runs a sale in November.
Always a tough choice! For music I'd say it would be the sub; but you really won't need it that much. (At least with my standard M5s sometimes I set it to large and go without the sub in my smallish room (12x13). For movies, if you are more into action, then the sub; if drama is more your thing, then the center for the dialog.