Originally Posted by Kodiak
How’s the m5’s going? Tell all! Hope you are enjoying them, no doubt you are.

Still feeling the need for a sub?

I absolutely love the M5OWs. I am new to using an AV receiver so it took a few weeks to get the speakers to the point where I am satisfied with the bass. At first when I was using them, I thought the bass was not noticeable at all and thought I would need a sub immediately. However, I found out the problem was that when I first set them up, the frequency cutoff on them was too high. When I did the AccuEQ on my receiver this past weekend, it setup the speakers at full range and what a difference it made now.

The bass they put out is surprising good and satisfying for both watching shows and listening to music. I don't see the need to get a sub so quickly now, but I will be getting one later this year at some point as I do like to have the air move when watching shows or movies. The M5s do create some pressure in the room at times at the lower frequencies though, so I cant really complain. If I had to make the choice again, I would go for the M5OWs in my space.

I like the M5s enough that I ended up purchasing the VP100 that was on the bstock. Hasn't shipped yet, but I am looking forward to receiving that.

One thing about getting good speakers is I never really noticed the poor quality of the sounds from music on YouTube until I started using these speakers. Sometimes I will listen to a song and I hear noise like the speaker is bad or distorting, but then I will pull up another rendition using the same tone and I find out its the quality of the stream on YouTube and not the speakers.

I would be interested to hear the difference between the bookshelf and OW versions, but the On walls sound great and look great too.