Originally Posted by Mojo
I suspected the rears may not have been doing a good job. Maybe they need to be placed closer in rather than close to the side-walls. The other challenge is that multi-driver speakers require distance in order to blend properly. Maybe they should be placed higher up and angled down. That will reduce their bass response and that's where an M5 will shine over an M2.

The M5s on the ceiling will blend well given their distance.

As for the cost, it's a whole lot of speakers so work Axiom over for a deal.

I don’t think this changes things too much but my wife had someone come over today regarding the overall remodel and when they went over the media room she recommended flipping the room 180 and having the display on what is currently the back wall. This would actually make the room flow better with the rest of the house.

The biggest compromise sound wise would be the new right surround which would now be just to the left of the light switch on the end of the wall behind the bar. It would need to be placed a bit higher than ideal to ensure minimal interference from the bar counter top in front of it. Makes me ask the question if flipping the speaker as Mojo suggested, to get the tweeter closer to ear height, might work or if it would mess up their response?

Speaking of orientation, if I had the rears closer together, a little higher up the back wall (say at 7’ or 8’) and angled down, it would seem that regular bookshelves mounted horizontally would work best to get a clean angle down. I’d think tweeters on the inside. But would that also mess up their response and should those rather be vertically mounted?

Same goes for the front ceiling mounting orientation. Would it be okay to mount the front highs horizontally, tweeters to the inside, angled toward the MLP or would it be best to mount them vertically?

Same goes for rear ceilings or though you could potentially use on-walls flush mounted straight down just behind the MLP but I’m kind of thinking the bookshelves would give most flexibility on dialing in the correct angle. Although at 14’ it’s not like I’m going to be changing the angles much post initial install.

So much to consider.

And I know the good folk at Axiom will certainly give me a good deal.