Originally Posted by Curved Air
I believe my room is about double the volume of yours at close to 4000 cu. ft.
The family room is a bit over 2900 cu ft ... the setup M2/VP150/EP500 setup seems to fill it nicely ...

My current bass situation is a fairly tired circa 2007 EP500 ...
Not all the inputs work and ... I have to have it set to the minimum level to make it useable.
Like Mojo said ... you'll need to fix that EP500! It sounds fixable.
In any case Sub's are important ... I'd bet you could benefit with 2 EP500's in that room

Having to set the volume to the min level, to make it work, is kind of intriguing ... I would understand needing to set it to the max.

You all are making me think I might need to look at updating my sub situation and go with M2s but that would be more than going with M5s all around smile
Thoughts on that:
  • Subs will go lower than the M5s
  • Surrounds can not be set to help will the low end of the other speakers ...
  • M5's only go down to 45Hz (call it 40 even) ... So you would not want to set them to LARGE since you'd want the low-end off loaded to the sub.
  • since frequencies below are 80 hard if not impossible to place there is not a big need to cross over below that.
  • Personally I'd set the M5 x-over at 60Hz, M3's and M2 at 80 Hz. (I would try the the M5's at 40 and maybe the M3's at 60 but so far I have not found content to test with... Anyone know any movies which sends the surrounds low bass frequencies?)

Last edited by rrlev; 08/02/22 05:18 PM.