Originally Posted by Kodiak
I have no doubt that Paradigm makes good speakers so this will be a great comparison StereoG.

I have skin in game from Stereoguy99's comparison because, deep down, I'm a researcher. I research things obsessively, find that many of the ideas floating around are BS, and make it a mission to debunk them and find a better solution. My book on social class was such a project. It didn't make me rich, but gave me glorious purpose for 12 years. And it effectively inoculated me from luxury marketing for life.

I like to think I've figured out finding value in audio, and it's not too far off from "it's the loudspeaker, stupid". Amps, DAC's, interconnects, power conditioners and expensive = better are red herrings to the ultimate goal of good sound.

Everything I've gleaned tells me that Axiom will consistently win over the Paradigm over a large sample size of tracks...but even i want to know if that's true or not. We only have measurements from Axiom, and those measurements could have been cooked for all we know. Empirical evidence, even if it's N=1, is the final judge.

Author of "Status 101: How To Keep Up In A World That Keeps Score While Buying Into Buying Less"