Hey Ray,
The Seinfeld reference is correct but it was coined for a potential mate of Elaine's not Puddy. Puddy, coincidentally is my cat (I tawt I saw).
I went back and tried to find where I had read about the crawling method to find a good spot for the sub. It was in a review about the Epic 80 and then right in front of me in the owners manual for the EP350. It did work. Originally I thought placement wouldn't matter because the room is barely big enough to warrant the Epic 80 and the volume knob took care of most problems. There was still a hole in the bass occasionally.
The sub is now on the same wall with the VP 150 and the M80's. I was concerned about a wall of sound but it isn't overwhelming. There may be one better spot but logistically it doesn't work. Additionally, I set the M80's to the large setting with the L+F LRE. This was suggested in other posts and confirmed when I found the newsletter archives yesterday. The article said to use the laege settings for M60's and 80's. Between the two the result has been stunning. There isn't a need to "dial up" over any holes in the sound. It sound so good that sometimes I catch myself chuckling and saying "Would you listen to that!".
I wish to extend a hearty thank you to all you folks. A lot of good advice around here, minus the condescending remarks from those who know it all and aren't afraid to show it.
Next up...crossovers. I'm having some problems with the English/French settings. "Haut-Parleur de Performance Superieur?". "Wee!".
I am so friggin' happy. Take care everyone.