ok chess-

right now, i have a 5.1 set-up. all speakers are set to 'small' and the crossover on the receiver is set at 80Hz. now, it can be set to 40Hz and 60Hz on the onkyo 701, so i do have options. but, on my vega LW-12 sub, there are two knobs to adjust.. one is the volume knob, the other is a crossover knob. i usually keep the volume knob between 30%-40% because it gets too boomy and starts to overpower the rest of the system any louder than that. the crossover knob on the sub is set to 80, cuase i figure i should have set it the same as the receiver. is that wrong??

the bass i have is good, not great, but good. but, as you mentioned, if i could set it up to where i could get more of the mid-bass out of the M60's, and just put the low end stuff to the sub, i think i would like that better.

to acheive this, should i set speakers to large, receiver crossover to 60Hz, and the sub knob to 60?? help me out here..

and you mentioned not to turn the reciver too high cause it "sucks back the watts"? what do you mean?

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??