Try this if you have Avia. Play the Main speaker setup L/R phase test. Set your SPL meter on fast response. Then set the range on the meter, and adjust the volume on your receiver to get the needle near the center. I used 70dB. As the phase test plays, sit in your listening position, and move the meter left and right in front of you. Move it 1/2", and wait for an out of phase cycle, then 1/2" more, and wait for another out of phase cycle. When you get a fast, backward, needle deflection during the out of phase part of the test, you've found the sweet spot (actually, it's more like a center line). I get a -3 to -5dB backwards deflection. I was sitting 3 feet to the right of that line, and trying to get good soundstage. It wasn't working too well.

This post by Guy Kuo explains it. It also tells you how to use the delay settings to move the sweet spot. (look for his reply from 07/03/03 06:14 PM)

Trust me, this works. Getting the placement just right is tough enough without sitting in the wrong place while you are trying to do it.

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.